Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Holy Shit. I'm an Adult.

I don't know if it happened over a long period of time or overnight... but it's official, we're adults. The boys of summer have officially become the dads of winter. I wear a watch to tell the time, not as a fashion statement. I drink wine like your mom. We casually mention a golf outing to a friend while both people are wearing ties!! Where does it end? I'm not sure what girl adults do, maybe hot flashes? I don't know. But it's definitely happening to the Woodstock bros. Every night is a fight to stay up to finish the latest American Horror Story (which sucks) or Orphan Black (which is atop the monthly show power rankings). (Side note: Everyone watch Orphan Black on BBC). Leaving the house on Thursday night doesn't even cross my mind unless it's to grocery shop.... FOR VEGETABLES!

I feel like I should hate what I've become... but it feels so natural, at least during the weekday. Weekend Woodstock still hangs in the limbo between work, bills, 401k's, kegs of Natty, New Hong Kong and taking photos of Patrick asleep on the couch. We're at a point in our lives where we have to make a choice. We can fight it or we can embrace it. And I choose to do neither, because I'm an adult and I can do what I want.

0 comments :

Post a Comment